Friday 8 December 2017

Naughty children!

Well, we didn't awake to any snow this morning, despite the weather warnings, but we're now forecast to get it quite badly on Sunday, the day I had planned to go shopping in Milton Keynes!

Work was quieter today but I have the beginnings of a cold so my voice was a bit hoarse! Not ideal for the job I do!

I sped home at 2pm, had something to eat and then was back out again. This afternoon, members of the school PTA were in the library creating a grotto for tomorrow's Christmas Bazaar and there were two tables laden with an assortment of jam jars that contained sweets and toys by the screen where we watch our films. Lisa was decorating the Christmas tree and had asked me to set up the room. She also said she was going to help with decorating the grotto and would I mind looking after the children on my own as we only had eight...

One of the teachers lowered the screen for me and I set the DVD player up before the children came in. Predictably, they were all completely hyper and I gained another two who wanted to stay so I now had ten very excitable children whizzing around and refusing to sit still!

Unfortunately, the children were very naughty this afternoon with constant requests to go to the loo, or wash their hands or when were they going to have their hot dogs? Lisa came in and I told her that they'd been naughty so she threatened them with turning the film off (as I had done) before going out to prepare the hot dogs.

After they'd eaten she went off to finish decorating the tree but didn't help the PTA as they had more than enough parents (and children) giving their assistance. Most of the children were picked up by 5.30pm tonight but we still had two at 6pm (who should have gone at 5.30pm like the others). I dashed off to collect Sophie from work and then it was home to prepare dinner and have a glass of wine. It's the weekend tomorrow!

No comments: