Saturday 2 December 2017

Feeding crows

I was at work at 8.30am this morning and facing almost a full day. I worked with a lady called Sue and the morning was quite busy. She left at midday so I was on my own for four hours and after a flurry of early afternoon calls, it did go very quiet after about 2pm.

I amused myself by throwing some sausages I'd bought with me out of the window, as I could see a pair of crows nearby. As they are such intelligent birds they noticed the food straight away and when I went back over to the window the sausages had gone!

In a way I didn't mind being at work as the weather was horrible and grey. When Keith came to pick me up at 4pm (and what a relief that was!) it had turned misty and drizzly.

I went to collect Sophie as Keith was watching the football and it was utter bliss to go home, have a lovely drink and look forward to dinner and a film afterwards. We watched an old film - Dead Calm - starring a very young Nicole Kidman, Billy Zane and Sam Neill. We even stayed up later than our usual bedtime of 10pm!

No comments: