Thursday 30 November 2017

Snow again!

So today is the last day of the meteorological Autumn and forecasters have said we might get snow this afternoon! It was -1c at 8am so not as cold as we'd been led to believe it would be!

Work was quite busy so the time passed quickly. I didn't have a chat with Sara about the form as it was her first day back and she looked pretty stressed. I decided to leave it as I'm working an extra day on Saturday, and with the travel expenses, I will get back almost as much as I've lost.

When I arrived home I found Keith leaving with Mike who wanted to go to Brixworth. I was annoyed because he's been out somewhere almost every day this week (it's the work experience week at college and he's exempt due to being a second year student) and Keith is sick of driving about all day. Our petrol and diesel usage has gone through the roof!

Keith had made me a sandwich so I gobbled that down and then noticed that none of our lights were working and the washing machine had stopped. I realised our electrics had tripped so I sorted it out and left a note for Keith. Just as I was leaving it happened again...

The afternoon at school was busy and there was mass excitement when it started to snow! It was only light but it sent all the children mad and they ran out into the playground to play! At the end of the session I rushed home as Sue was coming around at 6.30pm. She bought a lovely bottle of red wine with her and some cheese which went well with all the nibbles I'd bought.

We had a great chat and outside the freezing wind strengthened and we had a yellow weather warning for snow (jinxes it!). After Sue went home Keith and the children ate chilli con carne but I was too full of nibbles to join them!



No comments: