Friday 22 December 2017

Last day!

I slept for almost nine hours last night and the alarm woke me at 6.30am this morning. Keith took me into work again and it was a murky, misty morning. We are not going to get a white Christmas this year which is a real shame. If only that snow had come two weeks later!

There were two of us manning the phones today and we were a bit quieter, which was a bonus after yesterday! By 1.30pm most of the other staff had gone home and I was relieved at 2pm by another woman who would be there until 8pm...on her own!

Keith and Sophie picked me up and had already given Mike a lift into town. They said the roads were gridlocked as people probably finished work early and went to do some last minute shopping. We drove to Tesco, which was heaving, and I bought a present for Keith and a bottle of Sherry for myself. I do love a glass of Sherry on Christmas Day!

I suppose it wasn't too bad and we met my Mum and Dad in Tesco who were just about to start their shopping, mad things! It was great to get home, have a little walk around the estate to deliver a couple of cards and jump into the bath, where I fell asleep again!

A knock on the door woke me up and it was Lynda who had arrived to bring the children's presents. We chatted for half an hour and then Sophie and I went to collect Mike from Brixworth. We sped home and my daughter and I prepared fish pie for dinner...not my favourite meal!

It was great to relax after we'd eaten and know I didn't have to get up too early in the morning!

No comments: