Wednesday 17 March 2021

Not the best of days...

Day 72

The soffit-cleaning man was back this morning to do some repairs to our front porch. He put in some new PVC panels but told us the top piece of wood was rotten and needed to be replaced completely, something he could do at a later date for us. I let Monty sleep in the conservatory, but he was still unsettled for most of the day, bless him!

The weather first thing was dreary and grey but it did brighten up in the afternoon, thank goodness. I spent most of the morning trying to sort out two, what I suspected were fraudulent, payments on my Mum and Dad's bank account, totalling £160. I called the bank and was also able to gain access to my Dad's Microsoft account, which informed me they had stopped regular payments back in 2016. I was furious about what had happened but I received an email later in the day to say that the bank is going to investigate and hopefully refund the money.

I also had problems accessing my own bank account as my little secure key device had run out of battery. I had already downloaded the app on my phone so I was forced to call them as well and was helped by a lovely lady who solved the problem for me. Result!

Mum and Dad were supposed to have gone to Specsavers today to sort out their eye test and new glasses, and I was really glad they were going out. However, my Mum called to say she'd been sick during the night so the appointment had to be cancelled. I felt so sorry for them as it would have been lovely for them to go out into the real world for a change. So not really the best of days today!

At least Mike was in a better mood when I picked him, but he was still filthy dirty!

No comments: