Monday 15 March 2021

Getting things sorted

Day 70

Mondays come around far too soon! Mike was off sick today as he'd had his Covid jab yesterday and felt poorly, with a sore arm. That's the two men in the house sorted and I'm just waiting to be called for mine. I think it'll be a while before Sophie gets her vaccine, bless her!

Keith and I went to do the shopping and popped to Aldi first. When we came out, we noticed two women were getting out of a car that had been parked way too close to mine. We put our shopping in the boot and Keith returned the trolley just in time to see the younger of the two women (she was in her teens) trying to get out of the supermarket with stacked up trays of fresh chicken in her arms. The manager had run out after her and was trying to stop her from going any further, while she was screaming at him! 

Seeing all this I reversed out of my space as I didn't want them to return and slam into my door. Keith joined me and said that the older of the two women had stood at the entrance doors so that they would open when the younger one approached them. I suppose the idea was then to run off with their booty! However, more staff had joined the manager and a right old screaming match ensued!

Things were much quieter in Tesco and we did the rest of our shopping and returned home where Mike drifted down to the kitchen asking if we had anything to eat... He had a pained look on his face but it didn't stop him from gobbling up a meal I'd bought him!

It was lunchtime before we put away all the shopping and half the day had gone! I contacted a local carpenter about the wooden porch over our front door that needs repairing and also contacted a local building company about our kitchen. We really need to get back onto this and try and get it sorted out within the next few months. A man from the company called me and is coming out on Thursday, so let's hope he can help.

We also had Vince next door arrange for someone to come out tomorrow to clean all of our soffits and guttering, plus repair any cement that had broken up. I've been wanting to do this for ages, so I was really pleased it'll be sorted this week!

In the late afternoon, I made mushroom soup for dinner. We still had half the tiramisu left so had decided to have a light meal followed by the dessert. I spent nearly an hour chopping up onions and two packs of mushrooms, before letting it all simmer together. It smelt delicious!

Just before I served the soup I blended it all, re-heated it and swirled some cream though it. Mike wouldn't eat it so had tomato soup instead. His loss!




No comments: