Saturday 27 March 2021

Decisions, decisions!

Day 82

Today, according to the forecast, was supposed to be sunny and dry and I did have plans to get back out into the garden. However, it was cold and mid-morning it clouded over, so not very pleasant at all!

Mike was working a full shift today, which felt very strange for a Saturday! After breakfast, which Keith brought back from Aldi, we discussed the kitchen with Sophie. I printed off the designs and we compared them with the ones we'd received from Magnet, Howdens and Harborough Kitchens. We said they were the worst out of all four, and that no thought had gone into the process at all. We were all disappointed and felt like we were back at the beginning again! We spent almost the whole morning talking about the kitchen, measuring up and discovering that the island Benchmarx had designed was tiny! It made me feel very dispirited, to be honest, as I was hoping for great things from the kitchen company. 

In the afternoon Sophie and I applied a strawberry and yarrow facemask and relaxed by watching Come Dine With Me, which was coming from Northampton! I used to be a huge fan of the show (we even had the production company film at our business some years ago!), and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed watching it! Outside, the weather hadn't improved at all. It was still grey. windy and cold. We had to put the heating on!

Keith and I went to pick Mike up from work at 3.30pm. Next week, his hours change to 6am until 2.30pm, which is a very early start, but at least we'll avoid the school run (but they'll be on holiday anyway!).

Back home, I had a shower and then watched the rest of the Northampton shows while lying on the bed with Sophie. At 5pm we went downstairs for cocktails and Scrabble, and we both achieved the same score for our first game! However, Sophie thrashed me in the second! She was brilliant!

As a treat, we enjoyed a Chinese takeaway this evening and afterwards, we watched Skyfall. Sophie wants to watch Spectre next Sunday, and that will be it! Bring on the next James Bond film!

No comments: