Friday 19 March 2021

Another week whizzing by!

Day 74

I am in shock as to how fast the weeks are flying by. I thought, that by staying at home and getting up to very little, the time would drag. but it's the opposite!

We had a quiet end to the week, with no visitors to the house but Monty was still unsettled and restless, constantly going outside to check that there were no strangers lurking nearby! The weather has been grey and chilly - so much for our plans to get out into the garden this month!

Most of the day was spent mooching about and completing small chores. I am waiting to hear from my manager about the rota for when we return to work, something I am not looking forward to, I have to admit. If it was anything like last time, with hundreds of phonecalls about memberships and payments, it will be hell. And, of course, we have to get those memberships back so I have a feeling we will have to sell, sell, sell! Not something I enjoy doing!

Sophie and I had a proper Friday night this evening and watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes which was hugely enjoyable. Both Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell looked gorgeous in their outfits and I do miss the days when people dressed up and looked smart. It was a real shame to realise that all of the major stars in the film are now dead and gone, but they looked so young and fit, especially the men who were on the voyage to France and who were playing members of the US Olympic team.

We had a simple dinner this evening - baked potatoes with chilli, which was delicious!


No comments: