Tuesday 16 March 2021

Monty freaks out!

Day 71

The man arrived this morning to clean all of our soffits and guttering and completely freaked Monty out! I don't know whether it was the sound of the ladders going up against the walls, but he would not settle and kept putting on what we call "owl face" where his eyes go really big and his ears prick up.



At one point I was holding him to show him the man, and he panicked and scratched my neck! I have no idea why he was so frightened but I dread to think what he'll be like when we have the kitchen done! We'll have to keep him upstairs. I later found out that, when I let him go upstairs to get away from the noise, he peed on the bathroom mat...

Today has been a bit dismal, weather-wise, and Keith and I felt a bit gloomy as well. My husband had been looking forward to watching the horse-racing at Cheltenham, but he said it wasn't the same without the atmosphere there, and he wasn't that successful with any wins. I went to get Mike from work, and he was in an absolutely vile mood when he got into the car, as well as being plastered in mud. We had a few words on the way home which made me feel even more despondent...

The weather did brighten up a bit in the afternoon and I managed to get some of the Virginia Creeper branches into the garden bin. Hopefully, when the temperatures rise a bit we can get the rest sorted out!




No comments: