Tuesday 2 March 2021

Mooching about!

Day 57

We've had another gloomy, grey day and it's been cold! Where has Spring gone? This is why I never trust those early days when we get some warmth, as our weather can turn and we can have snow in March!

Keith and I didn't get up to much today. We stayed indoors and kept warm! My husband did some ironing (he hardly does any these days as we don't go anywhere to wear nice clothes!) while I concentrated on transferring my 2014 blog onto a word document, ready to make into another book. I said to Keith yesterday that I may not make 2020 into a book. The year has too many bad memories for me, and maybe it's best to let it stay online! We'll see.

We adjusted to Mike's new hours and went to collect him at 3.30pm, but he was still late out! At least today he wasn't covered in as much mud as he was last week! Back home I jumped into the bath, as much to get warm as to get clean!

Keith had suggested a takeaway from our local Indian this evening, so we ordered at 6pm and while we waited we caught up on an old episode of Grand Designs from 2009/2010. So long ago! A couple had bought an old barn in the middle of nowhere and dug out a huge area underneath for a "passive" house. Why they put themselves through this I'll never know, but it makes for good viewing!

Our Indian meal tonight was disappointing. Keith and Sophie said their curries lacked taste, and mine just seemed very hot, rather than spicy. It cost Keith £50, cheaper than a meal out, I suppose, but when it's disappointing it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Maybe we'll wait until we can all go out for a meal properly!

The highlight of my day was watching another old television episode - this time Death in Paradise. We're watching the very first series, which we never saw when it first came out. Seeing the beautiful island, the vivid colours and the sea was a real lift to my spirits!

No comments: