Sunday 28 March 2021

Badger, be gone!

Day 83

Today has been another grey and dreary day with no hint of sunshine at all. Mike was at work again but only for an hour, so Keith took him and stayed, rather than drive back home. The clocks went forward today so it was a bit of an early start for them both!

Sophie helped me put a colour on my hair, which made me feel a little better! The grey was really showing through at my temples and roots! Yikes! In the early afternoon, we ventured down to Riverside and visited Boots. Before heading home we treated ourselves to a coffee and a crispy chocolate cake from Costa and enjoyed them in the car, along with lots of other people (who were in their own cars!).

Back home we did all of the preparations for dinner this evening - a Hairy Bikers' recipe of stuffed chicken wrapped in parma ham served with asparagus, new potatoes and tender stem broccoli. Once it was all done, we were able to relax for a while and then play Scrabble with a cocktail. Sophie made me a Martini this evening, and we had a very enjoyable time sitting in the conservatory. With the extra daylight today it was a real shame the sky outside was so cloudy!

The dinner was lovely, and as we had some sausagemeat left over, we decided to do Sophie's favourite pasta tomorrow night. As usual, for a Sunday, I can hardly believe the weekend is over! I have just over a week left before I go back to work so I'm determined to make the most of the next few days!

No comments: