Friday 26 March 2021

Feeling a bit flat...

Day 81

I was so glad we'd tackled the garden yesterday as it rained all morning and was, at times, really heavy! Plus, it was cold, so not a good day to venture out!

I have spent most of today doing housework, and mounds and mounds of washing. Hopefully, the house will stay clean over the weekend, although Mike is working both Saturday and Sunday, in readiness for golf clubs to re-open on Monday. 

I did find time in the afternoon to make a chicken noodle soup for dinner. I found a BBC Good Food recipe, but in hindsight, I would have done things a little differently. As Friday nights are supposed to be for relaxing, drinking wine and watching a good film, I wanted to do as much as possible in the afternoon, but the soup thickened until it almost resembled a chow mein dish! In future, I will get the soup to the very liquid stage with the chicken and vegetables, and then add the noodles as I re-heat it!

Late in the afternoon, we received an email from the kitchen designer. He apologised for how late it was and said he'd had a bad day, and we think this was reflected in the design, which we were seriously underwhelmed with. We all looked at the designs and went, "Oh..." There certainly wasn't a wow factor so we were all very disappointed.








Looking at the designs carefully, we realised that we had hardly gained any storage! I think it's back to the drawing board!

Sophie and I enjoyed a glass of wine before dinner, and we watched Pillow Talk starring Doris Day and Rock Hudson. It was a lovely film, and very funny! It was interesting to see how things had changed since the late 50s, though. There was one scene where Doris Day was almost being attacked in a car by an amorous young man. It was supposed to have been funny, but we didn't think it was!

Before we re-heated the "soup" I added some more chicken stock, and we made garlic bread. I was a little disappointed with it, but the rest of the family seemed to enjoy it and Mike's taking a potful for his lunch tomorrow, so it can't have been that bad!

No comments: