Monday 29 March 2021

Catching up!

Day 84

Today has been a busy one! Keith and I went shopping at Aldi and Tesco first thing in the morning and didn't get home until 11.30am... where did the time go? I have never known the hours speed by so fast as they have lately!

After a quick lunch and a tidy-up, Keith drove me to Abington Park in the middle of Northampton to meet my work colleagues, Kathy, Jo and Denise. The timing was a bit mad, as it's the first day of the half-term holidays, the weather was beautiful, and some of the lockdown restrictions have been lifted today, meaning that up to 6 people can meet outside in the park or a private garden. I was wise to ask Keith to give me a lift as the roads around the park were rammed with cars. He dropped me off not far from the cafe, and I asked him to come back at 4.30pm.

I had taken a fold-away chair with me, but the three other women had forgotten, bless them! It worked out well, though, as they sat on a bench while I used the chair. We were all in agreement that we weren't keen on going back to work as we were anticipating more problems with memberships, and our memories of last time were still vivid! Kathy had actually contracted Covid and said she still didn't feel fully recovered. She had suffered extreme tiredness and feared at one point she would die, which came as a real shock.

We picked a bench in the shade, so not quite the warm and sunny spot I had imagined! However, it was great to catch up with everyone's news and find out how they were over lockdown. The last time I had seen Kathy and Denise was probably early December!

We said goodbye at just after 4pm and I walked slowly back to where I'd arranged to meet Keith. Luckily, he was nice and early so we were soon heading home. Over a cup of tea in the conservatory, we discussed the kitchen again. This morning I'd had an email from Anthony, who works for Highfields Property Services, and he'd asked about the plans. We emailed back and said we were disappointed, so he was straight on the phone to arrange a meeting at the Benchmarx showroom on Thursday.

Sophie arrived home from work and went straight into preparing dinner. I helped out and we sat down to eat at about 7.30pm. As always, the food was delicious!

No comments: