Friday 31 July 2020

A scorcher!

At the moment - and this is only temporary - I have Friday off, but I suspect that after next week I will be going in every day to help with emails and bookings.

Sophie went to the gym this morning and then headed straight into work. Keith and I bucked ourselves up and decided to go to Costa in Kettering early and have a coffee before heading to Tesco, as my Mum needs some new nightwear.

The new Costa opposite the being-built Aldi was still only doing drive-thru, so we had to visit the branch inside Tesco. It was very quiet indeed but it was so good to be back after seeing it closed for such a long time.

My breakfast treat!

I looked for nightwear for my Mum but there was nothing available that I thought she would like so we went to Next opposite. There was nothing in there either so we headed back to their house to make sure everything was OK and I took their printer home with me, as well as two packs of ink cartridges.

Yesterday, the solicitors doing the house sale emailed me with a long list of forms that need to be printed off and I suspected that the ink levels on our printer were very low. I set the printer up, connected it to our router but it refused to print saying that we weren't connected to the service my parents were using for their ink supply! I had cancelled this a few weeks ago and neither Keith nor I could believe that the printer was refusing to print anything out!

Feeling very annoyed, I set my printer up but after printing out a couple of pages the ink went, just as I had suspected! Grrr! Keith and I fiddled about with Mum's printer for ages but it refused to budge so I had to resort to ordering new ink from Amazon. How very annoying!

It has been hot today - 30c at 11am and too warm to muck about with printers - and I made sure that both Keith and I had plenty to drink. I didn't want a repeat of yesterday!

When we went to collect Mike from work, the car temperature was registering 37c and we later found out that today has been the third hottest day on record, with 37.8 recorded at Heathrow! Phew!

Mike was grumpy because of the heat and I was glad he was off to Abbie's again today. We waited until Sophie was home from work and then all of us drove into town. At the moment, infections are rising again in our area and there are ominous signs as you drive into the town asking if your journey is really necessary... If it gets any worse, then both Sophie and Mike will have to stop going to see their respective partners!

On the way home we dropped Keith at the pub and then went home to prepare dinner. I couldn't face another episode of Married At First Sight but we had nature's entertainment this evening when the heavens opened and we had torrential rain and stormy skies. When I went to get Keith from the pub it was as dry as a bone in Walgrave!

No comments: