Tuesday 21 July 2020

Getting things done!

Day 120

The other day I downloaded an app onto my phone that scans old photographs and lets you upload them to Google photos, where I store all my online pics. I started off with these as an experiment:

Keith and I just after getting engaged on a cross-channel ferry! 

My mum looking very glamorous!

The app was OK and it was great to be able to transfer the photos onto the computer, but the quality wasn't brilliant. I have thousands of old photos that are stuffed into albums and my parents have about the same quantity at their home as well that will need sorting out when they sell the house, so it's worth persevering with.

Talking of selling the house, Keith and I had a meeting with my parents at the care home this morning. My Mum looked a little wobbly on her feet after the fall she had recently but they were both in good spirits and at least they walked into the lounge, albeit with the help of zimmer frames.

Alison and the care home manager were also at the meeting and we all said how we needed my parents to sign the form so we could proceed with the sale of the house. There really is no other option at the moment as the care home fees will need to be paid. We did discuss the option of buying a small bungalow at a later date if my parents improve, so with that in mind they signed the form, which was a huge relief.

We then sat and chatted and had a coffee with them which was lovely and I could see my Dad brightening up even more. It's such a shame that care homes are still locked down at the moment as I would love to have taken them out for lunch or to my Dad's flying field so he could meet his old friends.

Keith and I returned home and I sent all the forms off to the solicitors before having cheese on toast with Sophie for lunch again. The afternoon was spent catching up with other jobs and after Sophie had finished work we decided to go for a walk again. This time we strolled down to Walgrave and stopped to see the horses on the way. This afternoon they were a bit feisty and as we didn't have any carrots or apples with us they soon lost interest and wandered off!

In the village we met John, one of Keith's mates from his Friday night pub sessions, and we had a good chat. There is a road closed in Walgrave at the moment so the narrow street we were on was like the M25 at rush hour as people used it to get through the village!

Back home Sophie and I prepared dinner and tonight there were five of us sitting down to eat because Abbie was over visiting Mike. We'd made a chicken and sausage tray bake served with roasted new potatoes, couscous and asparagus and it was delicious!

No comments: