Thursday 2 July 2020

Wacky theories!

Day 101

I meant to have mentioned that yesterday was exactly half way through the year - according to my diary it was day 183 with 183 days to go. I will be so glad when this year is over! I have this very silly theory that whatever happens on New Year's Day has a bearing on how the year turns out... I may sound like a complete crackpot, but for a good few years now I have been very careful to make sure we have a good day on the 1 January, and that's why I like to go somewhere for the day and enjoy a meal and time with the family.

This New Year's day was miserable - one of our group on New Year's Eve was ill (still not completely sure who) and I remember Keith and I waiting around all morning - cooped up in the house! - for the youngsters to wake up so we could start the day. Now I am not so narcissistic to believe that one of us being ill caused a global pandemic, but what if our New Year's Day is a hint about things to come?

We spent New Year's Day 2019 in Cambridge and had a really lovely time, with a delicious lunch and an enjoyable drink in a delightful pub, that I am looking forward to going back to some time in the future. 2019 was a great year with lots of travel and enjoyment! Looking back at past years, it's followed a similar pattern - a good New Year's Day equates to a good year following! OK, maybe it's time to call the men in white coats, but this New Year's Eve and New Year's Day I am determined to do something special just in case!

Anyway, today Keith and I went down to B&Q to buy some gloss paint for the doors and skirting boards and I also bought a tin of cupboard paint for the wardrobe doors. I chose a metallic grey to match the carpet and I'd like to update our chest of drawers with the same colour.

Back home I didn't have the motivation to start glossing as it was almost lunchtime so we mooched about and I actually watched some television in the afternoon. We had worked hard over the last couple of days and I fancied a rest!

When Sophie finished work we went to see the horses and gave them some carrots. It seemed such a long time ago that we went for a walk after work and I realised I really missed going out for a stroll. My foot didn't hurt that much and after feeding the horses we carried on down the road towards Walgrave. Overhead the sky looked ominous with dark clouds on the horizon but it stayed dry. Back on our estate we had a chat with Lynn who was gardening and then returned home to have a drink and play cards in the conservatory. Keith had cooked the beef casserole we should have had yesterday and it was delicious!

No comments: