Wednesday 8 July 2020

Out for a meal!

Day 107

The plan today was to finish painting the walls in the bedroom as there were a few patchy bits about! I managed to move the bed into the middle of the room and did all the patches that I could see whilst listening to Radio 2. It did look better when I finished and Keith had to agree, even though he had said it was fine.

My 2012 blog book arrived this morning which I was very pleased about! It looked great and will go with the others on the shelf and hopefully be passed down the generations! If nothing else, it'll be safe if anything ever happens to the website which hosts my blog!

The weather today has been truly horrible with heavy grey skies and constant rain in the afternoon. Sophie and I went to collect Mike from work and he was late out (the last time Sophie came with me he was late!) and he was drenched, poor thing. Hardly anyone was playing golf and I don't blame them! Apparently this area of low pressure is the tail end of tropical storm Edouard, and I wish he would go away!

In the evening we had booked a table for 7pm at The Saracen's Head in Little Brington. We had originally wanted to go to The Althorp Coaching Inn in Great Brington but there was no answer when we called to see if they were open. When we drove past, the windows were boarded up, which wasn't a good sign...

Everything was very professional and safe at The Saracen's Head. We were taken straight through the bar into the restaurant and seated at a table a fair distance from any others. The waitress took our drinks order and Keith volunteered to drive home so Sophie and I could enjoy a glass of wine. We ordered a French Viognier which was delicious.

We decided to order the deli platter to share between three of us while Mike chose the prawns. The food was lovely and we enjoyed cold meats, olives, mozzarella, crusty bread and an olive oil and balsamic dip.

For our main courses we chose fish and chips (I wonder who?), a vegetable curry, gammon for me and a Caesar salad for Mike which surprised me! It's not the sort of dish he would normally go for!

Again, the food was lovely, well-cooked and delicious. We had a very enjoyable evening with good banter and it was a pleasure to be out, doing something normal and relishing some family time.

We left at 9pm and the journey home was very wet indeed. It looked more like an Autumn evening rather than a midsummer one!




No comments: