Friday 3 July 2020

Thrashing it out!

Day 102

Keith and I had made an appointment to go and see Mum and Dad this morning to talk about the sale of the house. This time, we were able to sit in the garden room but we were still divided by a sheet of plastic which made things a bit difficult! At least we weren't outside, though!

My parents looked better than I'd seen them for months! My Dad's hair had been cut and my Mum looked lovely with her hair done and make-up applied. We sat and chatted and my Dad seemed very with it. They did say they weren't that happy being in the care home, which we understood, but the only alternative is to find them a bungalow and hire a live-in carer, which I am not sure would work either.

We sat and chatted for almost an hour and then popped to Tesco to get them some bits they needed. I took their car as it had been standing idle for months. Luckily it started first time! Tesco was busy and we had to queue and by the time we eventually got home it was almost 1pm. Plans for carrying on with the painting went by the wayside!

The weather has been disappointing again today with cloudy skies, a brisk wind and very little in the way of sunshine. The forecast is set to stay the same for the weekend but next week is supposed to be better.

It was lovely when Sophie arrived home from work and we could relax with a glass of wine and 90 Day Fiance! Mike was off to Abbie's and she picked him up in her new car, so that was a bonus! I really didn't fancy battling the Friday evening rush hour traffic!

No comments: