Friday 10 July 2020

Scrub a dub dub!

Day 109

Yesterday at 5pm, the announcement came that I had been waiting for - gyms will re-open on Saturday 25th July. It will be 123 days since I left on the 23rd March and I'm not sure what to expect, to be honest. I don't think we will be holding classes to start with and everything will have to be booked online, something that quite a few of our members are unable to do. Sophie was delighted and plans to go back on Monday 27th for an early morning work-out!

Today dawned sunny and dry, so that was a relief! Sophie drove to Milton Keynes station to meet her friend and Keith and I mooched about the house getting jobs done. Between us we did a huge amount of laundry (Mike's girlfriend, Abbie, was staying over so he had chucked all the clothes on his bedroom floor into the wash basket!) with me loading the washing machine and hanging it out while he ironed.

I managed to clean my car inside and out and boy! did it need it! The back seats were like a field, where Mike gets in after working and spreads grass and soil everywhere! When I finished it looked a lot better but as I was going over it on the drive to polish it off it started to rain... typical!

Mum called me today to say that she was allowed out of hospital and could I pick her up, but I was very reluctant to, to be honest. In the end she went back to the care home with the community transport but will now have to self-isolate with my Dad again for two weeks, which will be a nuisance.

In the evening Keith, Mike and Abbie went to the pub while I stayed at home and cooked cottage pie for dinner. I missed my wine buddy! Sophie arrived home at about 8pm and had had a great day, visiting Woburn Safari Park and eating out for breakfast and dinner.

We caught up on a couple of episodes of Married At First Sight Australia and then it was time for bed. It's the weekend!



No comments: