Thursday 30 July 2020

A repeat of yesterday!

Today has been an almost exact repeat of yesterday! Sophie went to the gym, then returned home to work, Keith did the shopping and I mooched about all morning as I was due in at work at 1pm. I don't mind working 1pm-5pm, but I do prefer going in early and then having the afternoon at home!

Sophie and I had leftovers from last night for lunch before I went in, and the food was even more delicious that last night. I do like it when we use up leftover food, it makes me feel very virtuous!

Work was fine and I was told that my hours may be increased due to the workload we have at the moment. Sadly, I have never received so many requests to cancel or freeze memberships, mainly because of people worried about going to the gym or simply because they can't afford the monthly costs.

I helped out with some emails as I had very little extra work to do and the phones were quiet. I'm hoping I will go back to cinema duties next week when we're hoping to resume our screenings.

At 5pm I sped off home, alarmed slightly by hordes of insects in the air. I think it was flying ants? Thankfully we didn't have any at home - the air was thick with them when I left work so I was pleased about that, as I didn't fancy having to keep all the windows closed!

Because of the warm temperatures this evening we didn't play cards in the conservatory. Sophie and I watched (or rather fast-forwarded) Married At First Sight, which we both now find very boring. They just seem to go over the same things time and time again and we know that all the couples split up anyway! Thank goodness the series is nearly finished!

Sophie and I cooked pasta carbonara for dinner and then I watered the garden, which really needed it. It has been warm and sunny today and tomorrow is set to be hot. July is going out on a high! Keith felt a bit dizzy this evening so we put him to bed - I suspect he hadn't been drinking enough throughout the day and I heard that he and Mike visited the pub on their way home from the golf club this afternoon!. Tut! tut!

No comments: