Friday 24 July 2020

Getting back into it!

Day 123

I was due in at work at 10am this morning to go over the big changes since we were there last, and to get re-acquainted with all of our computer systems!

Walking back in was quite emotional as I will never forget the moment when I walked out of the building on the 23rd March and wondered if things would ever be the same again. So much has happened in the last four months, and most of it not good...

In the office we were told that we would no longer be "hot-desking" and I was given my favourite seat, which was a bonus! Everything had been moved off the desks and we were told not to bring in anything that wasn't needed. We gave the desks a thorough clean and I had a trial run of turning the computer on, which was a task in itself as everything had been turned off at the wall. I then turned it on and couldn't remember my login details!

After staring at the screen for a few minutes, Sara told me not to worry as Sheila would be going through all of our passwords later in the morning. We then went upstairs to our function room and had a meeting about the changes that had been brought in and what we needed to tell members on the phone. Our gyms are the only facilities on offer at the moment and more classes and swimming will be available in August.

We then had a tour around the building with details of all the cleaning processes and a long conversation about air conditioning and air inlets! The gym looked immaculately clean and I'm sure the walls had even been re-painted so everything looked great. Everyone has to book to use the gym at the moment and staff will be on hand to welcome them tomorrow and make sure they have booked a session.

Back in the office I had a return to work interview and finally managed to log onto our system, which had changed slightly since we were on lockdown. However, the basic screens hadn't changed and very soon I was getting the hang of it again, thank goodness!

At 1pm the other two members of staff arrived and after a quick chat I left to go home. I was intending to go to Wilko's to get some bird food but I just wanted to go home and have lunch. The thought of wearing a mask in the shop put me off a little bit, but we will have to get used to it!

The afternoon was spent relaxing and I took Mike into town so he could see Abbie. When I arrived back home Sophie was there and we had a good chat about the events of the day. Her CEO at work has been made redundant so yet more changes taking place!

This evening we were due to go over to Paul's house for a get-together so Sophie and I made a chicken and pasta bake to take with us, as well as a plate of garlic bread. To be honest I could have done without it because of working tomorrow, but we had a pleasant evening sitting on Paul's terrace overlooking the fabulous view. Keith had already been to the pub so he wasn't keen on drinking much more but Sophie and I polished off a bottle of The Ned and very good it was, too!

View from the terrace

No comments: