Thursday 16 July 2020

Muted celebrations...

Day 115

Keith and I went to the care home today to deliver flowers, cards and gifts to my parents. I managed to call them and stop outside so I could see my Mum through the window. I'm sure it wasn't the kind of day they were hoping for but the staff did make it a little special for them with a lovely lunch and nice table settings.

In the afternoon we popped to Jones's which was now allowing two people in to shop. We urgently needed a bulb for the cooker hood and some glue, but we didn't buy much else! It wasn't too different in there and the place was very quiet. I said to Keith that I wouldn't have been surprised if they had any Christmas displays but there was still a lot of summer gardening things going on. Give it a month, though!

We drove home and mooched about until it was time to collect Mike from work. Both him and Keith are really tired at the moment because they've both been up early for 11 days in a row. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and the last day they have to be up at 6am!




No comments: