Thursday 23 July 2020

Feeling bored!

Day 122

Today is my last free day before things go back to near-normal, work-wise! My rota has changed temporarily but hopefully, we can all go back to our usual hours soon.

Keith went shopping this morning while I pottered about and after he'd got back and we had breakfast I felt very bored! I am so glad I'm going back to work on Saturday! I'm not sure another few weeks like this would be very good! I was so bored, I even decanted a load of tomato ketchup sachets that had been hanging about in the fridge for ages into our big bottle of Heinz, it was that bad! I suppose I could have watched TV or read but I feel guilty doing that during the day in the week!

I did go out and water our plants and feed them, as well as help Sophie add up some figures, but I really am itching to go back and do some work now. It will be good to see the women I work with and catch up with their news as it's been a fair while since our meet in Abington Park, when we all thought we would be going back soon.

The weather today has been warm but the skies have been overcast so it felt muggy and close. Sophie went into town in the evening to meet her beau off the train as they were going out for dinner together. She'd had to book a table at a pub, another at a restaurant and a third at a place for dessert! No more spontaneous visits!

I watched a good film in the evening starring Andy Garcia and the three of us had Tesco curries for dinner. Keith had bought the meals for one so it was a bit like eating a airline food, but he did buy extra accompaniments, so that was good!

No comments: