Saturday 1 August 2020

A pleasant shift

The photo I've used for this month's blog is a house we saw in Naples three years ago. I would love to stay there (it's probably a private house and was being built when we last saw it) or even better buy it, and we can all dream, can't we? We have resigned ourselves to no travel at all this year, unless the situation rapidly improves, but I doubt that will happen! We'll just have to try and plan for next year!

I was at work at 9am this morning and working with Jo. We were the only ones in the office so there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere. In between calls I answered loads of customer service emails and the shift passed very pleasantly.

Keith gave Sophie a lift to the station as she was going to see her boyfriend again and having lunch out. I finished at 2pm, called to put some petrol in Sophie's car (I've been using it a lot over the past week) and went home to relax.

I didn't do a great deal and although not as hot as yesterday - thank goodness! - it was still a warm day. While Keith went upstairs to watch the FA Cup final, I started watching A Suitable Boy, but gave up. I decided to watch the last ever episode of The Affair again and still felt emotional when it finished!

We delayed dinner for a while and went to get Sophie from the station, timing it perfectly as she was coming out when we arrived. She'd had a lovely day but I was glad she was home!

Keith and I enjoyed prawn salad for dinner with crusty sourdough bread and the meal was lovely and just right for the warm temperatures. Afterwards I sat and chatted to Sophie in the conservatory about her day and then it was time for bed!

No comments: