Sunday 5 July 2020

Glossing over...

Day 104

Today I glossed all the skirting boards and both doors in our bedroom, something I wasn't really keen on doing, but it had to be done! I also changed our bedding and managed to get it dry outside which was lovely - it smelt of sunshine when I put it all back!

Of course, it was a beautiful day with lovely blue skies and big fluffy white clouds. It was also very windy indeed, which certainly helped the paint (and three loads of washing) dry! Sophie hoovered the house for me and then I took a break to help her with the hair colour, which turned out really well.

While I was painting, my Mum called to say that she had fallen over and hurt her hip. She was worried she'd broken something but when her carer called me a bit later she said she seemed fine and had managed to get herself back up onto her feet, so I thought maybe she had just jarred something. The carer said that she hadn't tripped or anything, she'd just fallen from standing behind my Dad who was in his wheelchair, which was very strange.

I finished all the painting by 3pm and was able to relax for a while before Mike called us to ask for a lift home. We all went into town to get him and after we'd arrived back home Sophie and I started cooking Korean Fried Chicken, our chosen recipe for this evening. We have really got the hang of deep frying now and we're no longer terrified that the wok is going to go up in flames! Sophie had prepped everything earlier in the day and the smells coming out of the kitchen were delicious!


No comments: