Monday 13 July 2020

Olive moving day!

Day 112

Sophie was back at work this morning and went for a run first thing. I think she really enjoyed her week off so the first day back was a bit of a shock!

Keith and I went to Mum and Dad's care home this morning to take a document from the solicitor that needs to be signed. I had no choice but to leave it with the staff and explained that it had to be signed so we could proceed with the sale of the house. I said we would go and do some shopping and call back for it later.

Keith and I went to Aldi and shopped for Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Tonight we're trying a new recipe - crispy ginger beef, which sounds delicious and which we should have had last night!

We called back at the care home but the form hadn't been signed as the senior carer was in a meeting so I said I would call back for it again tomorrow. Before going home we popped to Mum and Dad's house and I made sure everything was OK and checked the bank statements. The grass was looking a bit long so Keith and I made plans to go around later in the week and cut the lawn.

Back home I took a call from the care home to say that my Dad was unsure about the form so we agreed a meeting next week when I can go in and sort it out. My Mum has another Urinary Tract Infection which has made her a bit confused again, and explained why she wasn't making a lot of sense when I spoke to her this morning.

In the afternoon I re-potted an olive tree that we have had for years and which doesn't seem to be growing very well. I have been meaning to sort it out for ages so today was the day! Another plant had invaded the pot it was in so I managed to separate the two of them and put the olive into a much larger pot. I'm hoping it will thrive!

When Sophie finished work she prepped all the ingredients for dinner and then we cooked it together. a bit later in the evening. We served the beef and vegetables with Jasmine rice and it was delicious!


No comments: