Wednesday 29 July 2020

A quiet day.

Today has been fairly quiet and uneventful. Sophie went to the gym but came back as she was working from home today.

I busied myself with doing the list for shopping, and tried to come up with some different meals for the next few days. Looking at our cookery books I found a Hairy Bikers' recipe for "Blind Finches in Beer Gravy" which sounded interesting! The recipe doesn't involve birds at all, but rolled up sirloin steaks stuffed with pork mince and herbs. We thought we would give it a try on Sunday!

Before going to work I popped to Riverside and went to Wilko's and Boots. The place was busy with quite a few people shopping but all of us were doing our duty and wearing masks. I treated myself to a couscous salad for lunch from Boots and ate it when I got to work!

My afternoon shift passed very pleasantly and I was able to do a few orders to help Sara. I sped home at 5pm and was pleased to learn that my parents had had a coronavirus test and it had proved negative. Hopefully they will now be released from their self-isolation!

Keith and I played cards in the conservatory before dinner, which Sophie prepared - hot and spicy Fajitas with Mexican rice, which Sophie also made. The meal was delicious. Abbie joined us for dinner this evening but I think she found the meal a bit too spicy, bless her!

No comments: