Saturday 18 July 2020

An evening treat.

Day 117

Sophie was off to London this morning for the weekend so Keith and I dropped her off at the station at about 11am. This meant that we were childless until tomorrow afternoon and the house was very quiet indeed!

When we arrived back home I have to confess to doing very little and I watched the last two episodes of The Secrets She Keeps on my Kindle Fire, finished the book I was reading and generally lolled about relaxing. I am facing my final week of being off work and at some point next week I will have to go in and re-acquaint myself with all the systems I use and update my passwords, which have long since expired!

Keith had booked a table at the Royal Oak for 7.30pm and we drove down about an hour before to have a drink. For a Saturday night the pub was very quiet with only a handful of people sitting having a meal. We were shown to one of our favourite tables by the fireplace and had a good look at the menu. Do I need to say which dish Keith chose? No, I don't! I had a chicken breast accompanied by vegetables and sauteed potatoes in a lovely mushroom sauce. We had starters of soup and pate and the food was delicious.

The people who have just taken over the pub were working on their own this evening and seemed a little nervous, which is only to be expected, I suppose. I think they were terrified of getting too close, but we certainly weren't worried and there were no other diners near us at all so we both felt very safe.

We were too full to have dessert so we left at 8.30pm to go home... not really a wild night then, being child-free! Back home we lolled about on the sofa and Keith fell asleep while we watched the last episode of The Rise of the Nazis, which was certainly eye-opening!



No comments: