Wednesday 15 July 2020

Getting ready.

Day 114

Keith and I had planned on going to Mum's today to tidy up the garden but the weather soon put paid to that! It's been a really horrible day today with drizzly rain and heavy grey skies. What has happened to our summer?

Keith needed a haircut badly so I dropped him off at The Men's Room in Kettering and I popped to Tesco to buy some cards and gifts for my Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary tomorrow. My Mum called while I was shopping and didn't sound very good at all and I think the UTI is affecting her quite badly. It's so sad that they are both in a care home when they should be looking forward to going out and celebrating 54 years together.

Keith was waiting for me and looked very smart with his new haircut! He definitely needed it after so long! We returned home and had a late breakfast and I completed two online courses in preparation for my return to work on the 25 July. I had to do two courses - an infection control course and a return to work after Covid-19. Thankfully, I passed both of them!

The rest of the day was spent mooching about and doing very little so I feel like I've wasted the day a bit. The rain carried on all day, off and on, and the skies remained heavy and overcast. It was also on the cool side as well, so quite unpleasant!

Keith was glued to the television in the evening as Newcastle were playing at 6pm but he still managed to cook chilli for dinner in between watching them get beat...oh dear! After dinner he disappeared upstairs to watch yet more football while Sophie and I caught up on Married At First Sight Australia. The sky looked very stormy at one point and I thought we were going to have a downpour but the black clouds just stayed there looking ominous. Hopefully the weather will improve soon but it is St Swithin's Day so we could have this for another forty days!

No comments: