Thursday 9 July 2020

Out and about!

Day 108

I was awake at 5am this morning and offered to take Mike to work, and although Keith initially agreed, when I went back upstairs to make sure our son was getting ready, Keith said he would take him. I went back to bed as I felt very tired. The next thing I knew it was 8.30am! This will have to stop otherwise it's going to be a huge shock when I go back to work and have to get up at 6am!

Keith was shopping and when he arrived home I helped him put everything away and then went out into the garage to sort out the recycling we were going to take to Milton Keynes today. I had several large bags of pet food pouches and a bag of Tassimo pods, so the plan was to take them to George and then pop to M&S to get some nibbles for tonight, when Sue and Michelle are coming over.

Before we could go, though, Sophie and I went to get Mum's mobile from the care home as I have been unable to contact her since Monday. We picked up the phone, took it home to be charged up and then left for Milton Keynes.

Tomorrow Sophie is driving to meet her friend at Milton Keynes train station and going with him to Woburn Safari Park, so I said we would scout out the route to the station to make it easier for her. It was a very simple and straightforward route and before heading to the shopping centre, we dropped the bags off at Downs Barn where the crate of recycling was already full.

We parked outside M&S and headed up to the cafe for some lunch. It was a bonus that they were open! We enjoyed lunch (socially distanced, of course!) and then went back downstairs to the Food Hall where we bought some lovely food for tonight. Things feel like they're back to normal!

I had told Keith we would be back in time to get Mike from work, so we left and arrived home at just after 2pm. Mum's phone was fully charged so Keith and I left early to take it to the hospital before collecting Mike. We became stuck for a brief while on the A14 but managed to get to the golf course in time to pick up Mike. A few hardy golfers were making their way to the 18th hole and they were all very bedraggled, as the weather has been even worse today with a steady, soaking drizzle that hasn't stopped all day. Mike emerged from the shed where they work and was covered in mud!

Back home Sophie and I cleaned and tidied downstairs and at 6pm Sue and Michelle arrived. I had planned on sitting in the garden this evening but there was no chance of that so we sat around the table in the conservatory and had a lovely evening with lots of chat and gossip! A great escape from our current woes!


No comments: