Monday 1 October 2018

Monday rolls around...

It was back to work today and Keith dropped me off as he had a doc's appointment at 9am. Work was OK and I was kept busy doing a job for Sheila so the time passed very quickly.

At 2pm Keith picked me up and we went to collect Mike. It's been a breezy day today and the leaves are falling fast! After dropping Mike off at home Keith and I went to Tesco to get some shopping for the rest of the week. We hadn't planned what we were having for dinner so we wandered around the supermarket hoping for some inspiration to hit us! Eventually we settled on pork chops for dinner, something that will not go down well with the children, I fear!

After shopping we called to see Mum and Dad for a cup of tea and some delicious biscuits and they were looking really well. Dad pointed out an advert in the paper for a cruise to the Caribbean and San Francisco, which I think they should book. It would do them the world of good and they deserve to get away for a good holiday after all the health troubles they've been experiencing lately!

I cooked dinner tonight, and I have to say it was lovely. We cut up the potatoes into cubes and roasted them in the oven with the chops and I stir-fried some shredded cabbage and spring onions. I'd bought a lemon butter sauce to go with the meal and it all disappeared. It can't have been that bad!


No comments: