Monday 15 October 2018

Miserable Monday...

I have not enjoyed today, I'm afraid. It will definitely not be a contender for the best day of October!

I woke up feeling bleurgh and it didn't help that I had only fifteen minutes to have a coffee as I had forgotten to set my alarm and Sophie woke me up getting into the shower. The weather was awful again - it was dark and raining and nasty. I'm really missing those beautiful summer mornings!

Work was challenging today and the phone calls seemed relentless. I was supposed to be doing the box office returns as Stella is on holiday but I just didn't get the chance to do them. We had some difficult phone calls and I was really glad to escape at 2pm!

Keith picked me up as he'd had to go to Tesco and we popped over to the supermarket again to visit the post office and get some fajita seasoning for dinner tonight.

We then went to get Mike who started later this morning - he now does 6.30am until 3pm which is a bit of a pain as it was so convenient to pick him up when I had finished work. From November he will be starting at 7am so an even later finish!

My Mum and Dad were coming home from Bournemouth today and I was hoping they would arrive back in Northampton at about 4pm, but Mum called me to say they were still at the services just outside London!

We then had to play the waiting game until they finally called at 7pm to say they were at Junction 15 of the M1. Sophie had to cook dinner while Keith and I sped off to pick them up in the drizzly gloom and take them home.

By 8pm we were back and sitting down for dinner which was delicious! Thank goodness for a daughter who can cook!

No comments: