Thursday 11 October 2018

Barbecuing...in the dark!

Sara gave me a job today at work that kept me busy for the whole shift and the time positively flew by. Keith picked me up at 3pm and had a grumpy Mike with him who was not happy that they had come to pick me up. He wanted to be home!

It's been another beautiful day today and after getting home we went back out again to post another parcel (thankfully not fragile this time!). Just as we pulled onto our drive we saw Sue and we had a long chat about the Parish Council meeting on Tuesday evening. She had stood up to speak but said she felt like a little schoolgirl and had to put her hand up to be given the chance to say her piece!  I remembered having to do this when we went a few years back and I got the feeling they didn't actually like members of the public present!

We 'd planned on barbecuing this evening but I had forgotten how early it gets dark these days! I had imagined sitting in the garden at about 7pm in the dying light of the day and sipping a G&T but it was pitch black! We set the barbecue up on the driveway and trained one of our lights on it so Keith could see what he was doing! Sophie thought we were utterly mad!

However, we had a delicious meal and we cooked Aldi's Aberdeen Angus burgers along with some marinated chilli chicken (also from Aldi) as well as roasted veggies and potatoes wedges. Yum!

No comments: