Wednesday 17 October 2018

A frustrating day!

As usual, I was first into the office today but it seemed like the machines were ganging up on us! The wallboard, that shows all of our calls, refused to work and I couldn't log onto my phone system as the last person who worked last night hadn't logged off!

Luckily, one of our colleagues helped but the annoying little events carried on all morning, as the email I'd sent off before I left yesterday bounced back and there was no way of re-sending it. Sue, who also works on a Wednesday, had to go to a meeting so I was manning the phones on my own for two hours. Thankfully, Aly stepped in and helped when I had six calls waiting!

I was mightily glad to finish at 2pm and go and collect Mike! Once again I read my book in the car and relaxed a bit!

Keith had taken Sophie to work this morning as my car had had two near rear tyres fitted, so we drove down to get her at 4.30pm and heard, with a bit of alarm, that there'd been an accident in Old, near the pub! The road was blocked by the accident and to this day we don't really know what happened, but it can't have been that serious otherwise we would have heard about it on the village Facebook page.

When Sophie and I arrived home we decided to go for a walk around the estate with Monty and we went down to the field to see the horses, but they were nowhere in sight. It was a gorgeous evening with streaks of pink and purple in the sky and it was still quite mild for the time of year. When we got home I sat on my computer for a little while and the sunset was stunning - the sky was a bright, almost neon pink. Beautiful!

Dinner tonight was breaded pork escalopes and all three of us went out to the kitchen and prepared the meal. It was delicious!

No comments: