Wednesday 24 October 2018

Tidying up!

It was great to have a day off today and while Keith went to get his hair cut, I stayed at home to do some tedious chores (car tax, car insurance, blah, blah). As soon as they were all out of the way I went out into the garden to "put it to bed" for the winter.

I cut back the dead shoots from the geraniums and tidied them up before giving them a good water and putting them next to a sheltered wall. They are all still doing fine and flowering but we've been forecast a cold snap this weekend and I would hate to lose them even though it's nearly November!

It felt great to tidy up the garden and get rid of some of the plants that were less than healthy. Once that was all done I mowed the lawn and raked the leaves out of the borders before mowing them as well and adding it all to the compost heap. The robin made an appearance (he loves it when I dig over the soil) and by midday I was finished and very pleased with how the garden looked. Keith had come out to help me and he'd pruned a couple of bushes and taken out a dead conifer that hadn't made it through our hot and dry summer this year. It was a glorious morning with beautiful blue skies but there was a nip in the air!

I went to have a shower and then Keith and I drove down to pick up Sophie from work and take her to Costa on Riverside. While Sophie and I enjoyed a cup of coffee Keith went off to look for slippers and after we'd had our drinks we had a look around the store. Of course, all the Christmas displays were out in full force but we didn't buy anything...it's still too early!

After dropping Sophie back off at work we went to get Mike and Keith fell asleep in the car! I don't blame him! Mike isn't going in the rest of the week (he's a bad lad) so today was our last day to pick him up. The hunt is now on to get another job!

I had planned on washing the car when I got home but it still felt a bit chilly so I spent an hour doing some training for work instead, on my computer. It was about Safeguarding children and wasn't that pleasant!

No comments: