Tuesday 23 October 2018

An early start!

All of us were up and about early today as Sophie was meeting her manager at Mum and Dad's house at 6am. I drove her over as I wanted to use her car and we didn't go into the house, we just sat outside. Sophie was off to another prison near Birmingham so I waved her off and returned home to have a coffee before getting ready for work. I was amazed at how busy the roads were at 6am, though!

Today was slightly better at work as we weren't so busy and Fran, who I work with, was in a more sociable mood! The office was busy, though, as there was a meeting on and people were constantly in and out. It was great to escape at 2pm and go and wait for Mike. As I turned off the engine of the car a crow landed on the rear windscreen wiper and started making loud noises and pecking on the glass! It looked like he wanted to get into the car! He then jumped up onto the roof and strutted about! I opened my door to see what he was doing and he flew off. He looked quite a young bird and I have no idea what he was doing with the car and why!

Mike came by with a colleague as they were litter picking and I asked whether he'd handed his notice in yet. He hadn't and was going to do it just before he left!

Back home I spent a dreary afternoon doing boring jobs administration jobs and trying to contact HMRC, to no avail! I really hate being an adult sometimes! Sophie was home much earlier than I had anticipated and had had a good day. I went up to have a bath as I was cold and soaked for a good half an hour! Bliss!

No comments: