Thursday 18 October 2018

A late night!

I took Sophie's car again today as she was going straight into town from work and meeting Alice at the new university campus.

Work was busy so the time flew, even though I was there until 3pm today. Keith had picked up Mike and I went to get Sophie as there was no point in me going home because she had been allowed to finish at 4pm today. I had half an hour to kill before she finished and I watched a family of crows looking for food around the car park. I wished I'd had some crumbs with me but I'd eaten all my lunch!

At 4pm we drove straight to the campus and we were relieved to see that the barrier had been raised. We pulled up outside the main student office and Alice met us there so that was easy! Sophie had had visions of trying to find her on the sprawling university grounds!

I waved goodbye to them and went home to collect Keith as my Mum had said she'd wanted to see me. She gave me some chocolates and a card and had a bottle of beer for Keith as a thank you for us taking them into town and picking them up last weekend when they'd gone to Bournemouth. We stayed for a cup of tea and then went home via the scenic route, watching the sun setting over the fields. We saw a gaggle of young pheasants by the side of the road and remembered that it's now shooting season for them. They looked very skinny, though!

Back home Keith prepared steak pie and vegetables for dinner (not homemade) and we settled down to wait for a call from Sophie. She was going to see her old lecturers for a presentation and at long last she was able to deliver the Champagne she'd bought for them earlier in the year!

At 9pm she texted to say they were on their way into town for a meal (on the bus) but that they wouldn't be too late. We eventually went down to get her and Alice at 10pm and the frost warning came on in the car. The temperature dropped rapidly from 8c to 3c so we might have a frosty start in the morning!

No comments: