Sunday 14 October 2018

What a grey day!

I had a bit of a lie-in this morning but there were no beautiful sunrises, just dreary rain falling steadily out of a grey sky.

We discovered that Georgia had stayed overnight (something we hadn't really discussed) and after popping out to get the Sunday papers and buying some sausages we made a big breakfast, which also included scrambled eggs, baked beans and lots of toast.

Mike and Georgia disappeared for the rest of the day and Sophie and I mooched about until I decided to colour my hair as it was way overdue! After it was all done, Sophie went to the gym while I had a nap as, despite my modest lie-in (7.30am), I felt really tired!

The weather has been as horrible today as it was beautiful yesterday. What a difference! All plans to tidy the garage and tackle the Virginia Creeper have been put on hold again and the weather looks set to be murky for the rest of the week. I suppose we have been lucky!

Sophie and I had a night off cooking today and Keith did the Sunday roast - a lovely chicken with all the trimmings. Sophie and I sorted out our eBay sales so it'll be off to the post office again for me tomorrow!

No comments: