Sunday 21 October 2018

A big clear out!

Keith took me to work this morning as Sophie was going to pick me up at 12.30 and we were going to go and get the ingredients for dinner tonight. I'd let Sophie decide what we were going to have!

Work was very pleasant and I worked with Sheila for four hours. The time passed by extremely quickly! When I emerged Sophie was waiting for me and we headed to Tesco where we bought the ingredients for Chicken Pad Thai, something we definitely have never cooked before!

Tesco was busy so it was great to get everything we needed and head home for lunch, eaten in the sunny conservatory with the Sunday papers. Bliss!

I then made a start on clearing out the garage and I filled my car up with rubbish that we no longer needed. It's amazing how much stuff we still accumulate! The garage was filled with leaves so I swept them all up and tidied everything, making it look so much better! I also chatted with Vince and Sue, our new next-door neighbours who are very friendly and sociable.

Sophie came with me for the first trip to the tip and we managed to recycle as much as we could. We returned home and I filled the car again and the second time when we went back it was a lot busier. One man next to us was shovelling rubble out of a trailer and it was going everywhere! I felt very grubby!

Back home I hoovered the rugs in the garage and then vacuumed my car which was filthy! The dust from the rubble man was all over the back and in the boot! I did one last thing before I went in and had a bath, and that was clean the carpet shampoo machine that we keep in the garage. I've been meaning to do it for years and I'm not even sure if it still works! It did look a lot better when I'd finished! Perhaps I'll use it to clean the carpets now!

Before we prepared dinner I had a wallow in the bath and a sit down for half an hour. At 7pm Sophie and I went and made a start on the dinner, but Sophie had already spent an hour earlier in the day preparing all the ingredients and chopping up mushrooms, broccoli and an onion.

We "cooked" the very thin rice noodles by immersing them in boiling water and Sophie cooked the onion and garlic before we added the chicken and stir-fried it until it was cooked through. We then kept it warm in the oven before stir-frying the vegetables and noodles. At the end we mixed everything all together (there was a lot of food!) and added soy sauce. We even used a little bit of fish sauce today but it didn't seem as strong as it did before.

The meal was delicious and it's something we'll definitely have again!

No comments: