Wednesday 3 October 2018

A bit of a tidy up!

Keith took Sophie to work this morning as he had a flu jab booked for 2pm and I needed a car to get Mike. Work for me was very pleasant and we had a young lad training with us so it was good to be able to help him as he answered the calls throughout the morning. There was a great atmosphere today which was a bonus!

After I got back with Mike I decided to tidy up the front garden which was a complete mess. The grass was overgrown, there were dead leaves everywhere and the weeds had taken hold. Keith came out to keep me company and I asked him to try and dig up a shrub that looked messy and horrible. He duly obliged and we discovered the roots were really short. Now we have a nice gap and I'm going to try and re-seed the front verge so the grass looks better. I mowed the verge and swept up all the leaves and weeds and it looked so much better when I'd finished!

I finished at 4.30pm and we dashed off to get Sophie in the rush hour traffic. She was late coming out so we got really stuck and I decided to go home a different way. We still came upon some queues but at least we kept moving!

No comments: