Tuesday 30 October 2018

A day of cleaning!

Sophie drove into work this morning and we had a few words on the way as I felt she was going too fast, especially as there was mud on the road and the bend near Holcot felt a bit slippery yesterday! She's a good driver and I feel safe with her, but Keith and I are both bad passengers, probably because both of us, combined, have been driving for around 88 years and know only too well the dangers of driving on country roads!

We dropped her off and headed home for breakfast and coffee before we made a start on cleaning the house. We tackled Mike's bedroom first as he was away but returning in the evening. His room was a tip (I have to be honest) so we stripped his bed and spent ages cleaning everything. Keith spent more time in there than me as I carried on with the rest of the upstairs before putting fresh bedding on and giving his room a thorough hoover. No doubt it will be back to as it was within the week!

After a quick cup of tea I cleaned downstairs and Keith sorted out a load of old paperwork that we no longer needed. It felt really good to see the house so clean and tidy! I don't know how long it will last, though!

I went to get Sophie from work this evening and made the mistake of going through the town for a change. It took me ages and I was late picking her up! She drove home again and tonight was much more restrained!

When we arrived home I went and soaked in a hot bath for half an hour while my daughter made a start on the two pumpkins we bought on Sunday. We've decided that Jeff (the orange one) will be sick, while Caroline (the ghost one) will look on in horror! Sophie made a brilliant job of carving them and they looked great. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and hope we get lots of trick or treaters!

Mike arrived home with Georgia and had had a good time, even trying out a Salsa class while he was away! We asked her to stay for dinner but she went to see her Dad so just the four of us enjoying a delicious minced beef stew with carrots and onions accompanied by crispy Yorkshire puddings. Yum!


No comments: