Tuesday 2 October 2018

An early start!

All of us had a very early start this morning as Mike was at work at 6am and Sophie had to be at her manager's house at the same time as they were catching a train from Huntingdon down to Rochester. Gone are the beautiful mornings and the gorgeous sunrises...it's now pitch black at 6am!

I took Sophie to Thrapston while Keith took Mike to work and I was back at home first. I made myself a cup of coffee and got ready for another day of work!

When I picked Mike up we headed to Brixworth as he wanted to go to the Co-op and get himself a sandwich. In the queue he spotted the scratchcards and suggested buying one. I told him to get one with lots of sevens on it and when he asked to buy it, the card cost £5!

I'm not a fan of scratchcards but every now and again (maybe once a year?) it's fun to buy one. There were loads of little games to play and instantly we had won £5 so at least we received our investment back! Mike then carried on and with the last game he thought he'd won £700,000! He nearly collapsed with shock! However, as he scratched away we realised he hadn't so we had to make do with the £5 which he owed to me anyway!

Sophie kept me informed as to where she was and she arrived back in Huntingdon at 6pm. We drove over and picked her up and then headed back for a relaxing dinner and a drink. Phew!



No comments: