Tuesday 9 October 2018

Hot...or not!

Last night Keith marinated our chicken in the new Levi Roots paste and it smelt very much like the Tesco brand, so we'll just have to wait and see!

It's been a gorgeous day today with sunny skies and lovely warm temperatures for this time of year. Our lovely summer is continuing! Work was a bit challenging this morning as my colleague, Fran, didn't seem to be too well and at one point I thought she was in tears! Both Sara and I tried to help but she brushed off our attempts to find out what was wrong. There was a lot of sniffing which I found irritating so I was mightily glad at 2pm to be heading home. I was supposed to have been working tomorrow but I now have the day off and although I'll miss a day's wages, it'll be great to have some time off!

I pootled about in the afternoon and enjoyed the sunshine and Sophie and I went for a walk to see the horses when she came home from work. We gave them some apple and carrot and they let us give them a pat. On the way around the estate we met a lovely little black cat but this time Monty was happy to walk past him or her!

Keith went out this evening to see Sileby play and I took the marinated chicken and cooked it in the oven for 45 minutes. It smelt very good and we used some of the remaining marinade in the sauce, along with garlic, white wine, chicken stock and cream.

We all enjoyed the meal but we felt it wasn't anywhere near as hot as the Tesco paste, so we've agreed that next time we'll make our own!

No comments: