Wednesday 30 November 2016

Feeling a bit frazzled!

I took Mike in this morning and made it very clear we needed to leave home at 8am to do battle with the traffic! The journey went well and I even had time to buy a coffee and a sandwich at Greggs before I started my session at the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Frank was in again, but no Gill, which was a shame. Judy and Claire came over to advise and we were careful to make sure they had a hot drink mid-morning - Frank had even brought in some delicious mince pies!

It's been a very quiet day today and we had only seen ten clients by midday. It was good for me as I wanted to leave early to take my parents to the doctor's surgery this afternoon. Frank said it was no problem for me to leave at 2pm and I even managed a walk in the sunshine at lunchtime to go and buy a newspaper!

I left at 2pm and hurtled off to pick up my parents. I was a bit early which was a good thing as my Mum wanted to stop off at the Co-op to get a couple of things she needed. I bought some burger buns for our dinner this evening and we set off for the surgery, arriving in good time and parking right outside in the disabled spot. Success!

Mum and Dad were in to see the doctor for quite a while and I was nervously looking at the time as I'd arranged to drop them back off at home and then pick Keith and Sophie up on the way back into town to get Mike. Why I hadn't just asked Keith to get him, I don't know, as it made the journey very fraught! I did manage it though and we were only ten minutes late picking Mike up from town, which was a miracle! I did drive a bit like a demon, though!

Mike wanted to be dropped off in the village so Keith, Sophie and I decided that a drink at the pub was a very good idea after such a busy day. I felt like I needed a proper drink so I had a vodka and tonic and felt a whole lot better! We sat in the window and had a good chat before heading home to cook dinner. We'd bought some (quite) expensive Wagyu beefburgers in Aldi and we were keen to find out what all the fuss was about! They were delicious, as it turns out - very succulent and extremely tender. Yum!


No comments: