Sunday 6 November 2016

A lazy day...

Keith and Sophie, foolishly, went out for a walk this morning even though it was still very cold and windy. While they were gone I tidied up the house, washed the glasses from last night, cleared all the fireworks away and prepared the vegetables for dinner.

Just as I was sitting down to watch Alice Roberts narrate the story of our human ancestors making their way to Australia, the phone rang and it was Sophie begging me to collect her and Keith from the end of the farm track near to the nature reserve...

When I got to them they were both freezing and hadn't enjoyed the walk at all. They had left the car between Holcot and Walgrave so we went to collect that and returned home to a warm house and a hot lunch. I said they were both mad to have gone and I think they agreed with me, for once!

Sophie and I spent the afternoon in the warm conservatory not doing very much, which is just what we wanted to do. Outside, the dry and bright day had given way to cloud and rain and the northeasterly wind which was so cold. It felt lovely to be cosy and in the warm!

No comments: