Tuesday 1 November 2016

Where have all the pumpkins gone?

We had a blanket of fog this morning and it was really gloomy when we went to pick Sophie up at 7.30am. She was very bleary-eyed and tired because she hadn't gone to bed until about 3am but had insisted she wanted to come home as she needed a shower before going into uni.

After we took her back in Keith and I had a quiet day. The fog lifted, to be replaced by grey, overcast skies. I managed to motivate myself to put a colour on my hair in the afternoon and went back to collect Sophie from uni at 3pm. The BT engineer came again today to sort out our internet which has been going wrong again for the past week. I just hope this is the last time we see him!

Sophie wanted to pop to the Weston Favell Centre after uni to take a top back to New Look so after we did that we had a drink in Costa before heading into Tesco. I have now decided to make Mary Berry's Spiced Butternut Squash soup as a starter on Saturday so I bought all the ingredients plus dinner for tomorrow night. Sophie is out again on Wednesday and Thursday this week!

I was pretty glad I had changed my mind about the pumpkin fondue as there was not one to be seen anywhere, not even in the grocers on the ground floor! Where have they all gone?

Keith was out this evening to watch his team play so it was Jerk Chicken Pasta for dinner and boy, was it hot! Keith had used quite a bit of the Jerk paste to marinate the chicken and it was very spicy indeed! Phew!

No comments: