Tuesday 15 November 2016

False alarm!

Today, like yesterday, has been gloomy, damp and grey. Keith and I took Sophie to uni, went to the bank and Tesco and then popped over to Mum and Dad's for a cup of coffee. I took over the little Birthday cake I'd bought last week and we enjoyed a slice with our drinks.

My Dad looked much better but I'm not sure how they'll both get on being cooped up in the house all day. With this horrible weather it might get a bit depressing! Keith took my new table and mirror out to the car and when we got home he set it all up for me.

Taking advantage of the dry weather I raked up a load of leaves in the garden and tidied up the borders. The little robin eventually appeared but before I could do any more (the gravel garden is also covered in leaves) Mike phoned to ask us to pick him up from Brixworth. He only wanted me to go and get him, bring him home so he could shower and then take him back again! I said a resounding "No!"

When I started the car a warning light came on to say that one of my headlight bulbs had gone...Nuisance! We picked Mike up, came home to have some lunch and then headed down to Halford's on Riverside to buy a new bulb and get it fitted.

I also bought a new rear wiper-blade and the whole bundle, including fitting, came to £30! Keith pulled the car around to a covered parking space and as soon as the Halford's man fiddled with the light it came back on! He said it looked like there'd been a loose wire so refunded me the cost of fitting. He did fix the new wiper-blade though but it still seems to squeak a bit!

By now the weather had turned really nasty with horrible rain and misty skies. It has been very mild though, and reached 15c at one point this morning! We went to get Sophie from uni and headed home in the gloom where we had to put all the lights on, it was so dark!

No comments: