Thursday 3 November 2016

An evening out!

As with all Thursdays now, today was virtually the same as last week with shopping and gardening. I decided to buy all the stuff I needed for my meal on Saturday tomorrow so I could concentrate more! When Sue and I finished the garden in Brixworth we called into the butcher's, Chamber's, as Sue had some meat to pick up for her weekend when she has friends staying. She recommended the sausages so I will call there tomorrow to buy them as Lynda had specified to me that she wanted good quality ones! As I would never use cheap sausages anyway, I think it's best I get them there!

As soon as I'd finished my gardening stint with Sue, at about 4pm, it was off to collect Mike from college and Sophie from uni. Mike seems to have caught a cold from someone and sneezed all the way home. I suppose it is the season for it!

Sophie went off to get ready for her evening out and I suggested to Keith that we go out as well as it would be easier than driving her all the way into town and back again, twice. We had planned on having fish and chips anyway, but he agreed, albeit a bit reluctantly.

Mike said he was going to stay at home because he felt rough so after dropping Sophie off at Nando's in the town centre we parked the car in the Mayorhold car park and walked the short distance to The Oriental Garden, a Chinese restaurant in Sheep Street. They do an "All You Can Eat" menu for £15.50 a head so we opted for that. It included a platter of starters such as seaweed, prawn toasts, barbecued spare ribs, etc, followed by crispy duck. I enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine as Keith was driving!

We chose three main courses - sweet and sour chicken, beef curry and barbecue pork with egg fried rice and the food was very tasty. The restaurant was incredibly noisy as there were groups of people all eating and having a great time. Have Christmas parties started early?

By 9.30, after having a naughty dessert of Toffee Apple and Banana we sent a text to Sophie to see if she was ready to go home. She had assured me she didn't want to go for a drink with her work friends after the meal, but when I contacted her she wanted to go to Revs for cocktails! We said no, but by the time we'd paid the bill, walked back to the car and driven around to Bridge Street, she'd managed half a glass of Rum Bongo!


No comments: