Thursday 1 December 2016

First day of winter

After another busy commute to town and uni, Keith and I went to pick up my Mum and Dad to take them shopping with us. I dropped them off at Tesco and Keith went to get a haircut so I was left to shop at Aldi alone...yikes!

It wasn't too bad and I managed to keep up with the checkout lad. We had decided to only shop for the rest of the week and the weekend so we didn't have too much to buy. I went back over to Tesco and met Keith who was looking much neater!

Mum and Dad had finished and were enjoying a coffee so Keith and I sped around the aisles and did the rest of our shopping before heading home for lunch. I was gardening with Sue at 1pm today and before we headed to the house she called into the butcher's to buy some meat for the weekend. She was gone for ages and apologised when she returned to the car saying the couple in front of her had spent nearly £200 on meat, cheese and eggs! Wow!

It was another gorgeous afternoon and today we had Connie the dog with us, and the robin of course who serenaded us from the trees. I took some photos:



We spent an hour raking up leaves and tidying things up, Sue said that next week would probably be the last week we'd be going and I'll miss being there every Thursday. It's so peaceful!

We headed home and I helped her sweep up the leaves outside our own houses for half an hour. Today has been so lovely with clear blue skies and sunshine again...long may it last!


No comments: