Friday 25 November 2016

Taxi service!

I took Mum and Dad over to the doctor's surgery this morning as my Dad was having his "staples" removed from his knee...Ugh! Rather him than me! I dropped them off and vainly tried to park in the surgery car park but gave up after nearly wedging my Dad's car in between two other cars! I'd suggested taking his car as it badly needed a run and it's smaller than mine so therefore a bit easier to park.

I eventually had to go and park the car in the Weston Favell Centre and realised, with a sinking heart, that it was Black Friday (even though we don't live in the US...). Mum and Dad didn't have to wait long and my Dad was quite happy to walk back to the shopping centre and go and have a coffee in BB's. We enjoyed our drinks and Mum and I left him there happily reading the paper while we did some shopping in Tesco (even though we had both been in the store yesterday!).

There were a lot of people buying televisions but there were no unruly crowds fighting and arguing over the bargains, thank goodness! I drove my parents home and then headed back for lunch in the sunny conservatory. The promised sun has certainly arrived today and it's been glorious! What a treat to see blue skies and sunshine again!

Keith and I went to collect Mike at 3pm and rather than drive all the way home only to go straight back out again, we waited at uni for Sophie to come out. We waited half an hour but it was preferable to making two journeys! Mike was a bit fed up with waiting but he had no choice!

In the evening Keith went to the pub while Sophie and I prepared a sausage casserole and watched a cheesy Christmas film. The dinner was delicious (thanks, Hairy Bikers!) and after eating Keith and I caught up with two episodes of the hilarious "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Heeeeere!"

No comments: